About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 12, 2009

Fall Out Boy - Alpha Dog

Album: Believers Never Die - Greatest Hits

It must be the holiday season because a lot of artists are releasing their “greatest hits” album. Come to think of it, four out of ten songs I’m reviewing this week are from greatest hits albums. After rocking the emo scene for eight years, and releasing five albums, Fall Out Boy treats their fans to “Believers Never Die – Greatest Hits.” The album will include two new songs, including “Alpha Dog.” I haven’t really followed them much, but I get a feeling that their popularity has been declining the past couple of years. I haven’t heard this song on the radio, or seen it on iTunes top 100 or on any of the Billboard charts. It is still a decent song though.

No comments: