About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 29, 2009

Bon Jovi - We Weren't Born To Follow

Album: The Circle

Local rock radio station was having a discussion about who was the biggest American rock band. Rolling Stones are British, U2 are Irish and Bruce Springsteen is more commonly known as a solo artist (even though he travels as a band). So that leaves Bon Jovi and Aerosmith. This discussion can get to the heated level, but give Bon Jovi where the credit is due. The Circle is their eleventh album, and they have been around for 25 years now. The lead off single, “We Weren’t Born to Follow” is nothing unique as it sounds like most of their other songs, but it is definitely Bon Jovi.

No comments: