About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 12, 2009

Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang

Album: Them Crooked Vultures

Them Crooked Vultures may be the most hyped and talked about band of 2009. This band consists of Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin, and Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters (and Nirvana). Ever since the rumor of them playing together surfaced, music publications all over the world mentioned and monitored their project. After playing a few live shows, the three rockstars went into the studio to record their self titled debut album. From what I’ve heard so far, they sound amazing. It definitely doesn’t sound like anything else that’s out right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally not a the but a them-band! By far the best song of the current selection, sounds a lil like Franz Ferdinand who found their balls.