About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 29, 2009

Weezer - Can't Stop Partying /ft. Lil Wayne

Album: Raditude

A lot of the hardcore Weezer fans are upset with their new album, Raditude, complaining that they are not as clever anymore. I personally think they are as clever and fun as ever. For the seventh album, Rivers Cuomo collaborated with many artists, including hip-hop producer, Jermaine Dupri. Dupri admitted that he had been a Weezer fan ever since, “Buddy Holly” and after he had written this song called, “Can’t Stop Partying” he thought it would be perfect for Weezer. And the demo tape got passed around and landed on the latest Weezer album. To make it even more interesting, busy rapper, Lil Wayne is featured on the track.

1 comment:

Kei said...

I dig it. Although as far as their more recent songs they may sound more mainstream in general than their earlier songs, I still think the the singer carries a unique voice that stands on its own as Weezer.