About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 29, 2008

Busta Rhymes – We Made It /ft. Linkin Park

Album: We Made It (Single)

When I first heard in early April this year that Busta Rhymes and Linkin Park were working together on a new single, I was excited. I was a huge fan of Jay-Z and Linkin Park collaboration, and I could totally picture the dynamics of Busta and Linkin Park exploding together. However when I finally had the chance to listen to it, I was disappointed. It’s a much slower paced song than I had anticipated, and it was kind of weak. It seems like I wasn’t the only person that didn’t think too highly of this song as it didn’t even place in the top 50 singles chart. Linkin Park does superb job on slower songs like, “In The End” or “Numb” but “We Made It” didn’t have the same coolness. I was even more disappointed to hear that Timbaland did the drum track. I guess just having star names doesn’t make it a good song. I was waiting for Busta Rhymes’ new album information and cover to be announced, but other than having the album name, Blessed, announced, the release date kept on getting delayed and delayed. Meanwhile, this song was released in the UK recently, and it charted better.

1 comment:

Tako said...

I actually like this song.. the track sounds very Linkin Park, a well-crafted Pro Tools track, but adding Busta Rhymes' in there adds a sense of roughness and groove to it..