About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 29, 2008

Nas - Hero /ft. Keri Hilson

Album: Nas

Nas’ latest album (9th total) was going to be titled “Nigger” but record executives put a stop to that as it was going to be hard to market with that name (and Walmart said they wouldn’t carry his CD with such title). For the longest time Nas wasn’t going to give in, but a few months before the official release, he decided to change the name so more people can listen to his message. The first single from the controversial album (to be released in mid July) is Hero, featuring Keri Hilson, who got some attention by being featured on Timbaland’s “Way I Are” single.

No comments: