About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 14, 2008

Yoshida Brothers – Rising

Album: Best of Yoshida Brothers

I’ve been trying to get this song for a very long time. This song was used on Asahi beer commercial in Japan in 2005, and released as a single only in Japan. And finally this will be included on the US release of Best of Yoshida Brothers album. I got to see them live at a very small venue, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The way these guys play the traditional Japanese instrument, shamisen, is like seeing Jimi Hendrix rip it on the guitar. Check out their cool music video.

1 comment:

Way said...

for some reason this song made me think of video games