About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 29, 2008

The Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

Album: When I Grow Up (Single)

Most of the people know that the lead singer in the Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger is the only one that does the actual singing in the group. She can sing, she is beautiful, why shouldn’t she go solo, like Beyonce did? Everyone in the industry thought Nicole would be the next Beyonce, but all three of her singles, despite having star rappers like T.I. and will.i.am being featured, failed to chart. So, now Nicole is back to her day job, as the lead on Pussycat Dolls, and the first single from the upcoming album, Doll Domination (to be released in September) is burning up the charts and clubs across the country. Great production by Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jenkins (sounds a lot like his other production, Janet’s “Feedback”)

No comments: