About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 14, 2008

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Album: Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

This is another good example of a song being used for Apple iPod commercial and generating so much downloads (from Apple iTunes of course). Thanks to that it’s Coldplay’s most successful single to date, and it’s only available on iTunes so far (at least until their new album, Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends, is released next week). I thought this song sounded very “U2-ish” and learned that it was produced by Brian Eno, who incidentally produced U2’s albums.

1 comment:

Kei said...

I love that iTunes commercial, and that's where we first heard the song too, but I think this song just all out kicks ass. Good pick!