About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 29, 2008

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

Album: Fleet Foxes

This folky rock band from Seattle has been getting a lot of attentions in the media recently, so I had to check them out. I managed to get a hold of their album, but half way through, I was bored. I guess it’s not really my type of music, but they have been labeled as one of the best debut in the past several years. Maybe my ears aren’t mature enough to appreciate this kind of music, but I thought I’d see what other people think. It has 60s Simon & Garfunkel or Mamas & Papas feel to it.

No comments: