About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 29, 2008

Metro Station – Shake It

Album: Metro Station

If you think you’ve been seeing a lot of Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana and her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus on TV recently, well, add Miley’s brother Trace Cyrus to the list. Trace Cyrus and Mason Musso (ironically his brother is also on Hannah Montana TV show, where these two met) started Metro Station, and after gaining popularity on MySpace, they were signed. Their debut album was released in Fall of 2007, but they had been unnoticed until their latest single, “Shake It” hit the airwaves. This song was actually free on iTunes last year, but now it is one of the most downloaded songs (paid and downloaded, I should add). I think it sounds kind of annoying, but not as bad as Miley Cyrus’, I guess.

No comments: