About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 14, 2008

Gavin Rossdale - The Trouble I'm In /ft. Shirley Manson

Album: Wanderlust

Young people may not know who he is, but he used to be very famous as the lead singer for the British rock group, Bush, in the 90s (they had hits like “Glycerine” and “Machinehead”). Nowadays, people may know him Mr. Gwen Stefani. Gwen had a huge success going solo from No Doubt, and her husband tries to do the same, but I didn’t really get the direction of this album. Most of the songs are slow ballad-ish songs and lacks the edge that Bush had in their prime. The only reason I like this song is, it features my favorite vocalist of all time, Shirley Manson (of Garbage).

Here’s what Gavin commented about this particular song:
That’s Shirley Manson of Garbage fame singing with me. One of my favorite records of all time is Bob Dylan’s “Desire” and especially “Isis” and “One More Cup of Coffee” with the great female voice blended in. I love that. It’s another thing that being in a band was not possible, Now it’s whatever goes. At first Shirley didn’t want to sing on it. I wrote her and she wrote back and said, “You persuasive bastard.” So she came to sing on it. And she’s great on it. It’s just about relationships and how we’re always in trouble.

No comments: