About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 14, 2008

Fat Joe - Ain't Sayin' Nothin' /ft. Plies

Album: The Elephant In The Room

I had dismissed Fat Joe’s 8th album, The Elephant in the Room, when it was released in March because I didn’t particularly like the first single, “I Won’t Tell” and the 30 second clips I heard from other tracks didn’t impress me. But I caught the music video to this song on MTV Sucker Free, and was instantly hooked on the dramatic beat. If the hook was a bit more catchy instead of being so wordy, I think Fat Joe could’ve had another “Lean Back” type of hit. The video features tons of artists (though they don’t sing or anything) such as Lil Wayne, DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, Birdman and Pitbull.

No comments: