About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 30, 2008

Kaiser Chiefs – Never Miss A Beat

Album: Off With Their Heads

Mark Ronson, who won the producer of the year last year, mostly for the success of Amy Winehouse, produced Kaiser Chief’s third album. I’m a big fan of Mark Ronson’s throwback retro style sound, so I was excited to hear that they would be working together. But when I heard this first single, I couldn’t really tell that Ronson had anything to do with it. However, it does still have the Kaiser Chiefs sound. It’s not bad, but it might be a little forgettable.

No comments: