About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 14, 2008

T.I. - Live Your Life /ft. Rihanna

Album: Paper Trail

Who would’ve thought O-Zone’s Romanian song, “Dragostea din tei” (Numa Numa song) would be sampled on T.I.’s new album, and hook sung by Rihanna. The idea sounds a little absurd, but on the record it sounds good. Rihanna’s voice is perfect for the part. This second single from the album Paper Trail, shot to #1, replacing T.I.’s “Whatever You Like.” Last time #1 song was replaced by same artist was when Usher’s “Burn” was replaced by “Confessionals Part II.”

1 comment:

Tako said...

My first reaction to this song was like "What the..." but I do agree that Rihanna's voice does fit pretty well with the part she's singing. Still sounds a bit bizarre to me but it's a fun track at the same time.