About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 14, 2008

Rachael Yamagata – Faster

Album: Elephants...Teeth Sinking Into Heart

Rachael Yamagata is a daughter of third generation Japanese father, and her mother is partially Italian and German. Her debut album from 2004, Happenstance, was known as dark, smoky, heartbroken album. Her second album, Elephants… Teeth Sinking Into Heart is a double disc, with first disc following similar style as her debut album, and the second disc where Rachael tries to pull more rocking songs. The first disc is rich and contains numerous good songs, but I decided to select a song from her “try something new” disc. It kind of has PJ Harvey feel to it.

No comments: