About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 14, 2008

Oasis - The Shock Of The Lightning

Album: Dig Out Your Soul

Oasis hasn’t really hit big in the US in a long time (if you can name three singles post Morning Glory album off the top of your head, you are either a hardcore fan or don’t live in the US) , but they are still popular in UK and other parts of the world. A lot of the press are saying that this could be their US comeback album. Regardless, Oasis scored their seventh straight #1 album with this one in UK last week. The lead-off single from the album is catchy and has a big hook. It’s one thing to be catchy, but another to be memorable. I think most of the songs on their new album is catchy, but are they memorable? Not quite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yap, gotta love Oasis, I just wish they could rival their hymns from back in the day