About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 30, 2008

Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Album: A Hundred Million Suns

Two years ago, they had a breakaway hit with slow tempo song, “Chasing Cars” (“if I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lay with me and…”). Lead singer Gary Lightbody wanted to make this fifth album to be more cheerful compared to their previous efforts. This first single from the album, A Hundred Million Suns, is definitely more cheerful than “Chasing Cars.” But fans who fell for their slow songs may be a little disappointed.

No comments: