About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 13, 2009

Aqua - Back To The 80's

Album: Greatest Hits

I have a confession to make. I thought Aqua was one of the most brilliant bubblegum dance pop group to come out since ABBA, and I was thoroughly disappointed when the Danish band disbanded in early 2000. The rumor was that they broke up because Lene (the female lead singer) started dating the guitarist, when she used to date the deep voice guy (the one that sings, “Come on Barbie Let’s go party”). Now that Lene is married and has a couple of kids with the guitarist, they seemed to have settled down their old fumes, and now they are back together. They recently released a Greatest Hits album in their native country of Denmark with three new songs, including this track, “Back to the 80s.” The song is a lot like Bowling For Soup’s “1985” where they poke fun of the 80s. My favorite line is “When M&M was just a snack, and Michael Jackson’s skin was black.”

No comments: