About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 13, 2009

Cage - Nothing Left To Say

Album: Depart From Me

I recently read about Cage on Spin music magazine. He is now somewhat well known in the underground hip-hip scene, but back in the late 90s, when he tried to launch his career, he blamed Eminem for copying his style. Cage is also a white rapper, with messed up family and drug infused background. Although Eminem and Cage’s delivery style were different, what they rapped about was quite similar. Eminem went onto become an international superstar, and Cage had to remain in the underground market. Could this new album be his chance to rise to the center stage? He has befriended Transformer star, Shia LaBeouf, who directed and appeared on the music video for “I Never Knew You.” I wasn’t particularly too fond of that single, but I really digged this track, “Nothing Left to Say.” It starts out really slow with Cage just speaking for a minute, but then the music kicks in, and Cage delivers powerful verses, a style more similar to Nas than Eminem.

No comments: