About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 27, 2009

Collective Soul - Staring Down

Album: Collective Soul (Rabbit)

90s alt rock is making a big come back. At least bunch of artists from that decade such as Better Than Ezra, Third Eye Blind, Sugar Ray, Fastball and Alice In Chains, just to name a few. Add Collective Soul to that list. Actually they have been consistently releasing albums for the past 15 years. Wow, it’s been 15 years since their debut song, “Shine” was an international hit. I wonder why they are not a major headlining band, despite having several #1 rock songs. Their latest release confuses fans by titling their album, “Collective Soul” which they have already done in 1995. To avoid confusion, fans and press are calling this album “Rabbit” since the album cover has a rabbit on it. “Staring Down” is another catchy song by Collective Soul, but will it be enough to place them as a big headlining rock band like the Chili Peppers?

No comments: