About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 27, 2009

Sean Kingston - Fire Burning

Album: Tomorrow

“Somebody call 911, Shawty fire burning on the dance floor, whoaaaa” the song starts out. This song has been on the charts and in the clubs for a while, but I never got into it until it was featured on Colbert Report. He claimed that song promoted “dangerous abuse of 911” because “you can’t call 911 every time Shawty starts fire on the dancefloor!” That one minute monolog changed my mind, and I began to appreciate the song. You can see the clip from here.

No comments: