About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2008

Ashanti - Body On Me /ft. Akon & Nelly

Album: The Declaration

I wasn’t even aware that Ashanti had released another album. Actually this one, and the previous one, Concrete Rose, passed by me without much grabbing my attention. This particular track features Akon singing the hook and Nelly contributing a verse, but even then it seems to lack something, considering that her first two albums were really good. Maybe Ashanti is too focused on her acting career more than music nowadays.


1 comment:

Way said...

my favorite song of the group, not quite as catchy as some of her older songs, but her voice is really nice