About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 13, 2008

The Hush Sound – Honey

Album: Goodbye Blues

Another band associated with Fall Out Boy (on Fueled By Ramen label). Their previous album was produced by Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, but for their latest album, they recorded with producer Kevin Augunas (Cold War Kids). The Hush Sound was founded by Greta Salpeter and Robert Morris, while Greta was in 7th grade and Robert in 10th. They both share the vocal duties, but on their latest album, Goodbye Blues, Greta takes most of the mic time. Most of the songs are poppy, jazzy, swing dance style of music that’s fun to listen to. They would probably be a fun band to see live.

No comments: