About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2008

The Maine – I Wanna Love You (Akon Cover)

Album: Punk Goes Crunk

With a ridiculous cover and title, I was going to dismiss this album, but I gave it a try. First of all, the title of the album is very misleading. Most of the bands doing the cover here aren’t really punk, and they are not covering crunk. Arrested Development’s “Tennessee” or Will Smith’s “Men In Black” are far from crunk. With that said, there were a couple of decent covers on the album, this being one of them. It starts out like it could be a Christmas song, and turns into a cheery pop rock song. Another one worth checking out from the album is All Time Low’s version of “Umbrella”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

somehow I like it, even though Akon was more explicit about his motives ^^