About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2008

Tickle Me Pink – Typical

Album: Madeline

Colorado band, Flobot’s “Handlebars” is getting a lot of airplays this summer. Add Tickle Me Pink to another breakthrough artist from Colorado. Their debut album, Madeline was released on July 1st. Just as they were preparing to celebrate their first ever album release, the bassist Johnny Schou was found dead at his home. The cause of death is still not released, but the other band members insist that drugs and alcohol were not involved. It’s a sad story, but they are moving on with national tour in memory of the bass player. The band’s sound reminds me of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

No comments: