About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 29, 2008

Carolina Liar - I'm Not Over

Album: Coming To Terms

Carolina Liar has an interesting background. The lead singer, Chad Wolf is from South Carolina, and after he moved to LA, he did an internship with Diane Warren, and through some luck, he met super Swedish producer Max Martin (Britney, Nsync, Kelly Clarkson). Martin liked Chad Wolf, so he gave Wolf studio time, and bunch of Swedish musicians to be in the band, and thus the band, Carolina Liar was formed. But it’s not the interesting story that sells the band, it’s the music, and they do just that by creating UK rock style of synth-rock with good songwriting. This song in particular sounds like when U2 does an upbeat song.

No comments: