About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 13, 2008

The Game – Game’s Pain /ft. Keyshia Cole

Album: LAX

The Game’s third album, LAX has been delayed a couple of times now. First, it was going to be released on the same date as his nemesis G-Unit’s latest album, so it was postponed. Then the new release date coincided with Nas’ latest, so it was postponed again. Right now it’s set for end of August. On this song, The Game enlists the help of Keyshia Cole, who is talented singer, but on this track, she sounds like a cheap imitation of Mary J. Blige. I think this song is supposed to be chill laid back summer song, like Fresh Prince’s “Summertime” but The Game doesn’t sound as good as he normally does (maybe because he’s not angry on the song).

No comments: