About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2009

The Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat /ft. T-Pain

Album: Incredibad

I’m a huge fan of The Flight of the Conchords. Some people are comparing The Lonely Island with the Kiwi guys, but the only similarities between those two bands are that they try to write songs that makes people laugh. Flight of the Conchords is way more subtle and clever, whereas Lonely Island is more in your face. That’s not to say that one is better. It’s what you prefer. I like both, and I particularly like this track featuring T-Pain. The Lonely Island consists of Saturday Night Live cast Andy Samberg, and his two friends from junior high school, who are writers for SNL. It’s hilarious how they act so “gangsta” about being on a boat. My favorite line: “But this ain’t Seaworld, this is real as it gets. I’m on a boat, motherf*cker, don’t you ever forget.” I also like how the music video start out.

No comments: