About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2009

Jem - Yellow

Album: Sweetheart

no sample
I heard this song at Starbucks and I couldn’t figure out who was singing it. The voice sounded familiar, but I was surprised to find out that it was a Welsh singer, Jem, who is famous for songs like “24”, “They” and “Crazy.” I guess I’ve never heard her sing in such a stripped acoustic song. I’m not sure if she’s the one playing the piano but it’s beautiful. Starbucks released a special Valentine’s CD called Sweetheart, which has indie bands like Death Cab or She & Him covering romantic songs. I listened to some of the songs, but I’m not sure if those songs are romantic. Even if they are, these indie bands make it sound really depressing.

No comments: