About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2009

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Please Read The Letter

Album: Raising Sand

For this year’s 51st Grammy, this duet by former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant and bluegrass queen, Alison Krauss won the Record of the Year. It beat Adele’s “Chasing Pavement”, Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida”, Leona Lewis’ “Bleeding Love” and M.I.A.’s “Paper Planes”. I own the songs to all of the nominees, but had never heard of this “Please Read the Letter” song. The first time I heard it (after finding out that they won), I thought, “it’s kind of boring, and repetitive. I would’ve voted for Coldplay.” (if I had any choice in the matter, I would’ve nominated Elbow) But the more I listened to it, the more I began to appreciate the depth of the track. This song would go well in a scene from a movie.

No comments: