About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2009

T.I. - Dead And Gone /ft. Justin Timberlake

Album: Paper Trail

This is one of my favorite tracks right now. Justin Timberlake adds great piano riff and chorus, and T.I. nails his rap. They collaborated really well together for Timberlake’s “My Love” a few years back as well. This song is about T.I.’s close friend who was killed during a shootout in Cincinnati (T.I. was in the same car). In a recent interview, T.I. claimed that he started collecting guns after this incident as he got paranoid, especially as his fame began to raise. One of his illegal purchases was caught, and now he will have to serve time in jail.

No comments: