About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2009

t.A.T.u. - Beliy Plaschik

Album: Happy Smiles

I recently read an article that Tatu received MTV Legendary award, and I thought, “what? Don’t they give those to truly legendary people like Michael Jackson or Madonna?” The award turned out to be from MTV Russia. Even then, have they been around that long to be considered “legend?” But to be fair, they may be the biggest pop start to come out of Russia in the past 20 years. I hadn’t even heard about them since the fake lesbian incident from “All the Things She Said” in the early 2000s. Their latest album, Happy Smiles only has a couple of English songs, and rest in Russian. As odd as it may sound, I actually liked this track even though I have no idea what the song is about. The English title of this song is “White Robe” but that still doesn’t tell me much. I thought watching their music video might tell me something. It started out with them in sexy outfit, which wasn’t too much of a surprise, but was shocked when both of the girls appeared completely topless in the video (just for a few seconds though). I didn’t know that Russia was that open. Note to self: don’t watch music videos from a foreign country while at work.

1 comment:

amy.zumeta said...

haha nice... you should watch the english version too.