About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 14, 2009

Bat For Lashes - Daniel

Album: Two Suns

Bat For Lashes is not a band, but a stage name for British musician, Natasha Khan, who is half Pakistani. Her eerie music has been compared to Bjork, PJ Harvey and Tori Amos as well as Radiohead, who took her as their opening act on the recent tour (someone pointed out that she kind of looks like Lily Allen – hmm maybe just the eyes). “Daniel” is definitely not an upbeat song that I normally select, but it sounded unique and caught my attention. I’m not sure if Bat For Lashes has a huge crush on Daniel-san from Karate Kid, but in the music video, a guy dressed up like him shows up in the very end. The album cover for the single has her bareback with Daniel-san’s face painted (hopefully not tattooed) . What I want to know is, where is Mr. Miyagi?

No comments: