About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2009

Green Day - Know Your Enemy

Album: 21st Century Breakdown

Green Day must’ve been under a lot of pressure after the huge success of American Idiot. That album was one of the biggest selling rock albums. How do you follow after that kind of success? Well, they tried to distract themselves by pretending to be another band called Foxboro Hot Tubs last year. Now they are launching their real new album, this time produced by Butch Vigg (he’s a member of Garbage, and also produced Nirvana’s Nevermind). Since I had such high expectation, the first time I heard this song, I was slightly disappointed. But the more I listen to it, it grew on me. I’ve seen hundreds of bands live, and I still have to say that they put on the most entertaining show. They really know how to work the crowd. They are touring this summer, and I’m definitely going to be there.

No comments: