About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 14, 2009

Pearl Jam - Brother

Album: Ten [Legacy Edition]

Yes, back to the early 90s! Pearl Jam recently re-released their groundbreaking album from 1992, Ten, which was remastered by producer Brendan O’Brien. Also on the re-release are a few previously unreleased songs such as this track. Brother was written during the original recording of Ten, but was left out since it never fully finished. For this Legacy Edition, they decided to finally release the song, and it shot up to #1 on Billboard Modern Rock Tracks. It totally reminds me of the 90s grunge scene, yet sound fresh.

No comments: