About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 14, 2009

Jamie Foxx - Blame It /ft. T-Pain

Album: Intuition

I was a huge fan of Jamie Foxx on In Living Color TV show over 15 years ago. He is also a very talented musician (he received scholarship to study classical music composition). He was also superb in Ray. With all that said, I never quite got into his albums, perhaps because they are more geared toward R&B, which isn’t quite my favorites. When I heard that his new album was geared toward more party songs, I was excited. Sure, compared to his previous efforts, there are more upbeat songs, but compared to songs like Usher’s “Yeah”, “Blame It” still lacks energy. Still, T-Pain brings catchiness to the song, and it is climbing up the charts. Foxx uses his Hollywood connections, and this music video has cameo appearances from stars like Ron Howard, Samuel L Jackson, and Forest Whitaker.

No comments: