About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 14, 2008

LL Cool J - Baby [Rock Remix] /ft. Ritchie Sambora

Album: Exit 13

The last album by LL Cool J that I remotely liked was Phenomenon, containing the hit single of the same name. Since then he has released five more albums, including his current new album, Exit 13. Exit 13 is his 13th album, and last album for the label Def Jam. He didn’t get along so well with his boss, Jay-Z. I’m not quite sure what the deal was on that. LL tries to stay relevant in today’s hip-hop, but it almost comes across as he is trying too hard to rhyme. The only decent track I found on his new album, was the rock remix to his first single, “Baby” featuring Ritchie Sambora (guitarist of Bon Jovi).

No comments: