About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 14, 2008

Marie Digby - Stupid For You

Album: Unfold

Marie Digby is half Japanese, hence, her name is pronounced Ma-ree-eh. She actually has an accent mark on “e”. Recently she was in Japan for radio interviews and I was surprised to find that she is fluent in Japanese. Justin Nozuka, who is also half Japanese, was recently in Japan for Fuji Rock to promote his single, “After Tonight”, but he doesn’t speak the language at all. I had briefly heard of Digby’s music, mostly because her cover of Rihanna’s “Umbrella” was YouTube sensation, but I didn’t really listen to her other songs. A friend of mine in Japan has told me I should check out her music, and I enjoyed her pop sounding piano songs. This track, especially had a feel good vibe found on Sara Bareilles or Daniel Powter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my favorite song so far this month! it's refreshing in its sweet tone