About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 14, 2008

Sohodolls - Bang Bang Bang Bang

Album: Ribbed Music For The Numb Generation

CW is an American TV network that targets mostly teenage girls with shows like Gossip Girl, the new Beverly Hills 90210 and One Tree Hill. I’ve never watched any of those shows, but people have been raving about the music on these shows. I decided to check out the music section of their site and was surprised to see a lot of the semi-obscure songs that I had selected in the past months had been used on these shows. I was curios to check out the songs that I didn’t recognize, and one of them was this track. Sohodolls is a British pop electro band led by vocalist Maya von Doll. Their music is sexy. It seems like a few of Sohodolls songs have been used on CW shows. I may not sit through their shows, but I may have to check back on CW networks’ music list once in a while.

No comments: