About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 14, 2008

Various Artists - Just Stand Up

Album: Just Stand Up! (Single)

On early September, divas of the music industry like Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, Sheryl Crow and bunch of others have teamed up to record this track to raise money and awareness for cancer. I’m not sure why only divas were invited to perform (it wasn’t specifically targeted for female cancer), but I like supporting for these causes, even though the songs are always really cheesy. During the telecast, which was broadcasted on all three US major networks at the same time, most of the divas took the stage together and performed this song live. Check out the YouTube clip of it. On the studio recording, it’s hard to tell any bad vocals, but when you are in company of great singers like Mary J. Blige and Leona Lewis, I felt bad for Miley Cyrus and Rihanna, who don’t have great live vocal.

No comments: