About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 12, 2008

Bloc Party - Talons

Album: Intimacy


Bloc Party, most famous for the hit "Banquet", was on the news a few months ago for receiving racial attack from Sex Pistsols. The lead singer Keke Okereke is black, and he claims he got beat up by Pistol's John Lydon and his friends, when Okereke went to greet his former hero. With Obama winning the election in the US, it's sad to hear that there is still a lot of racial tensions elsewhere in the world. Bloc Party's third album, Intimacy, was released digitally back in summer time, but is now getting physical release. It's a bit of Chemical Brothers, and a bit of Franz Ferdinand.

No comments: