About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 30, 2008

Framing Hanley – Lollipop

Album: The Moment

Nashville rock band, Framing Hanley is getting some attention with this hard rock cover of Lil Wayne’s #1 hit from the summer, “Lollipop.” According to the band, this song came up when they were auditioning for the new replacement guitarist, who started playing the intro to the song. They tested the song at one of their concerts, and their fans loved it, and now it is climbing up on the rock chart. Their debut album was first released in 2007, but with this popular single, they re-released the album with this bonus track last month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great composition this week, my favorite is that one.