About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 30, 2008

David Cook - Light On

Album: David Cook

The winner of seventh season American Idol, rocker from Midwest, David Cook tries to follow Chris Daughtry with true rock music. The first single from the self titled debut album was penned by Chris Cornell, and produced by Rob Cavallo, (Green Day, My Chemical Romance). During the American Idol season, one of Cook's highlight was covering Cornell's version of "Billie Jean". With that kind of superstar help, I expected more catchy tune. Now I want to hear Chris Cornell sing this song. Somehow I can imagine Cornell singing this song, and sounding much better.

1 comment:

tkwagner said...

I actually can't imagine Chris Cornell singing this song. Cook does such a great vocal. You need to listen to a live version of this song...its amazing.