About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 30, 2008

Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell

Album: The Rhumb Line

A lot of people compare them to Vampire Weekend. Although this band has more strings (there is a cellist and violinist in the band), the vocals sound quite similar with Vampire Weekend. I had listened to their debut EP last year, which included this track, but didn’t think too much of it. This song was re-recorded in Woodinville, Washington for the album, The Rhumb Line. In this version, the strings are more prominent and sounds much cleaner.

No comments: