About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 12, 2008

Kanye West - Love Lockdown

Album: 808s & Heartbreak

Kanye is releasing a new album, only a year after his last album. The "808" from the album title refers to Roland TR-808, which is a drum machine Kanye used for this production. He also uses Auto-Tune (voice effect that makes you sound like T-Pain) and sing all of his songs, instead of rapping. A lot of his fans are already disappointed in hearing that he does not rap on this album, and that he uses auto-tune on almost every songs. I thought it was odd, but I'm really digging the tribal beat of this track.

No comments: