About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 30, 2008

Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy

Album: Chinese Democracy

[sample not available]
It took 17 years for Axl Rose to write original material for this album. It has taken so long that it was becoming a joke that it will never be released. Earlier this year Dr. Pepper mentioned that if Guns N Roses ever manages to release a record by end of the year 2008, they will give a free can of Dr. Pepper to everyone in the US. They kind of kept their word by having people go to their website on the day Chinese Democracy was released (only available for that one day), and printing out a coupon (but who would actually take their time to do that?). In the US, this album is only available at Best Buy. I haven’t listened to other tracks, but this lead off single sounds pretty good, despite not having Slash in the band anymore.

No comments: