About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

November 12, 2008

Jack White & Alicia Keys - Another Way To Die

Album: 007: Quantum Of Solace

James Bond theme songs has had its ups and downs. Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name" was a good one. Madonna's "Die Another Day", not so much. The new theme song from the movie Quantum of Solace teams up Jack White of White Stripes with R&B diva Alicia Keys. It's dark, it's unique and it sounds like James Bond theme written by White Stripes. I've read that some Alicia Keys fans are disappointed after hearing it because "they" made her sound bad. Sure, it's not a smooth singing R&B song, but I think she does an excellent job with this delivery. I don't care so much about the movie, but I can't wait to see the opening number of the movie with this song.

1 comment:

Way said...

i saw the movie and it was a really fitting song for the opening