About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2008

Brooke White – I Am…I Said

Album: American Idol Season 7

Brooke White was one of my favorite contestants on this year’s American Idol as her voice reminded me of 70s singer songwriters such as Carole King. When I found out that the contestants would be singing Neil Diamond songs, I knew Brooke White would do well, as I figured that was her genre. I particularly liked this song, so I ended up buying it on iTunes (first time doing so for songs performed by contestants). And what do you know, she gets kicked out. This song reminds you of how good Neil Diamond’s songs are (for those of you who don’t know him, he’s most famous for “Sweet Caroline” song).

1 comment:

Kristi said...

is this considered country pop? a bit too pop-py for me.