About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 14, 2008

Tristan Prettyman – Madly

Album: Hello...x

A friend of mine in Japan bought her album, quite randomly without knowing any of her songs or her name, because he read that she’s like a female version of Jack Johnson. When he asked me if I had heard of her before, her name sounded really familiar and I recalled visiting her official website. It turns out that iTunes offered this song as a free single a few weeks back. Her first album sounded more Jack Johnson style of music, (Prettyman is a surfer herself), but this album sounds more like a mixture of Natalie Merchant and Sheryl Crow. She’s apparently dating Jason Mraz.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm most looking forward to listen to this song because she's dating Jason Mraz!!! Aah she's not bad, I could add her to my playlist.

Tako said...

This episode of a friend of yours sounds familiar.. oh wait..

I agree that there's not too much of Jack Johnson in the latest album. Didn't know she was dating Jason Mraz, maybe that had an influence on her sound..